Community Events and Fundraising
Throughout the year Pod members and families take part in various community events and fundraising activities in Frome. Examples have included; Running a weekly Charity bingo in partnership with the Cheese & Grain, Charity shop takeover, organising a Pod Squad to take part in the Frome marathon plus other seasonal Community events.
These events take a lot of time and organisation, so we are always on the lookout for volunteers who may be willing to help out. You may prefer to help organise prior to the event, if you volunteer on the day you will help everything run as smoothly as possible.
Fundraise for us
Help us to raise important funds!
Every penny raised really does make a difference to our Young People
We have planned fundraising events and activities that our members take part in throughout the year. If these events interest you we would love you to join us!
- Please visit us at The Cheese & Grain every Monday night for our Charity Bingo. Doors open at 6pm, Eyes down at 7.30pm every week.
- Could you or your family & friends help or perhaps talk to your employer about a donation for our raffle at the Cheese & Grain bingo. We don’t expect a weekly donation but every donation will still count – all proceeds from the raffle come back to The Pod.
- Do you like Baking? Each year we organise a cake decorating table at the Children’s festival, could you help us to bake fairy cakes or organise your own bake sale in aid of the Pod.
- Could you nominate us to be your employer’s Charity Of The Year.
- If you haven’t already, you could join the Shape Mendip lottery? For just £1 week you have a 1:50 chance of winning £25,000. 50% of the ticket price comes back to the Pod and 10% goes to other good causes in Mendip. You can join here
- Could you take on a challenge for The Pod?
- Andy, Ian and Jer cycled from London to Paris in less than 23 hours to raise funds for The Pod in 2017, could you do something like this?
- Our Pod Young People, Families & Friends of Pod run in the Frome Marathon, could you run 5K, 10K or maybe a half marathon if you dare!
Do you have your own ideas or a dream we can help to come true? It really doesn’t matter if it is Silly or Serious we’d love to hear from you!