From cake baking and sausage sizzling to running in a local marathon, we have a lot going on!
The charity works with local partners to ensure that families know about local opportunities and initiatives. Although some of these activities do have a fundraising element the focus is on supporting and encouraging Young People, Families and Friends to take part in community activities under the umbrella of The Pod, building confidence, improving life skills and a sense of emotional well-being.
Previous activities have included;
• Children’s festival – This is an annual event that sees families running a cake decorating stall, a sticky, messy stall but a favourite for the little people attending the festival!
• Lions fete, Spin the wheel to win a prize, game designed by the children at youth club
• Rotary Charity shop takeover
• Pod Squad – In 2017, 21 runners took part in a local marathon event, this included 11 children with additional needs and Young Carers.
• Charity Bingo.
• Diversity Day – An interactive information stall focused on improving awareness of Disability within the community.
We welcome new ideas on how we can get involved in community activities.